This recipe make 1 whole cake (8 inches)
Cream Cheese 350 gr
Unsalted Butter 45 gr
Egg Yolks 3
Granulated Sugar 25 gr
Cornstarch 1 1/2 Tb
Whole Milk 150 gr
Egg Whites 3
Granulated Sugar 55 gr
* Preheat oven 325 Fahrenheit
1. Melt together the cream cheese and butter over double boiler, then whisk until incorporated. Set aside
(melt just until the butter melted)
2. In another bowl, whisk together the yolks, 25 gr of sugar, and cornstarch until creamy and pale.
3. Heat the milk until it reach a scalding point.
4. Pour the milk into yolk mixture, then whisk until combined.
5. Pour back the mixture into saucepan then cook over medium low heat. Keep whisking until the mixture becomes thick.
6. Add in the cream cheese mixture, whisk until combined. Set aside.
7. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and 55 gr of sugar together until stiff peaks.
8. Gently fold together the egg whites with cream cheese mixture.
9. Pour the mixture into prepared springform pan.
(line the bottom and the side with parchment paper and wrap the pan with foil paper )
10. Tap for a couple times to flatten the top.
11. Put the pan into a larger pan, pour a boiling water until it comes up 1/2 – 2 inches.
12. Bake for about 30 minutes then reduce the heat into 300 F and bake again for about 15 min or until the top turns slightly golden.
13. Turn off the heat, and leave the uncle tetsu inside of the oven for another 1 hour.
14. Let it completely cool.
Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
Confectioner Sugar 2 Tb
Lemon Zest 1 ts
Sourcream 2 Tb
1. Whisk together the cream and sugar until soft peaks.
2. Add in the zest and sourcream, whisk again until it combined.
1. Spread the cream over the top of the cake.
2. Refrigerated it for at least 4 hours.