This recipe make 12 cruffins
Bread Flour 250 gr
All Purpose Flour 250 gr
Granulated Sugar 50 gr
Salt 12 gr
Water 250 ml
Active Dry Yeast 14 gr
Unsalted Butter softened 50 gr
Unsalted Butter 125 gr
1. Mix together water and yeast, let it sit for about 5 min.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, and salt.
3. Add the liquid yeast, start kneading until it just combine.
4. Mix in the butter (50 gr), knead again for about 10 min or until it isn’t sticky to touch.
5. Cover and proof for about 1 hour.
– after 1 hour –
1. Without additional flour, knead the dough on a work surface.
2. Divide it into 6 equal portions.
3. Lightly dust the work surface with flour, start rolling out the dough as thin as you can.
(length approximately 27 – 28 inches)
4. Generously brush the thin dough with softened butter, then roll it back as tightly as you can.
5. Cut the rolled dough in half length-wise.
6. Triwl the dough with cut side facing outward.
(don’t too tight twirl it)
7. Place the dough into popover pan or similar pan.
(this time I used muffin paper cup)
8. Cover and proof again for about 4 hours.
– after 4 hours –
* Preheat oven 400 F
1. Bake the dough for about 25 min or until it puffed up and golden brown.
2. Let it cool.
Cream Mousseline :
Whole Milk 240 ml
Vanilla Extract 2 ts
Egg Yolks large 3
Granulated Sugar 60 gr
Cornstarch 3 Tb
Unsalted Butter 2 Tb
Unsalted Butter softened 113 gr
Confectioner Sugar for sprinkle
1. Pour the whole milk and vanilla into a pan and bring to a scalding point.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the yolks, sugar, cornstarch until pale and fluffy.
4. Slowly pour the milk into the yolk mixture while whisking, then pour back into the saucepan.
5. Whisk constantly over medium heat until it thickens and becomes glossy.
6. Remove from the heat and strain the custard into a clean bowl and stir in the butter, cover with plastic wrap.
(make sure the wrap touch the surface of the custard)
7. Let it cool at room temperature then chill it for at least 2 hours.
– after 2 hours )
1. Beat the cream with softened butter until it creamy and smooth.
2. Divide it into 2 equal portions.
(1 for Vanilla and 1 for Baileys)
Cream Mousseline (Baileys) :
Baileys 3 Tb
1. Add the baileys into half portion of vanilla cream mousseline, whisk until combine. Set aside.
Chocolate Ganache :
Dark Chocolate 50 gr
Heavy Cream 50 gr
1. Melt the chocolate and cream over double boiler or microwave, stir to combine. Set aside.
* Place the vanilla and baileys cream mousseline into piping bag
* Place chocolate ganache into piping bag
1. Using knife, make a hole on top of the cruffins.
2. Pipe the cream generously until it comes out to the top of the cruffins
3. For the vanilla flavour (6 cruffins), sprinkle the confectiner sugar on top.
4. For the baileys flavour (6 cruffins),
drizzle the ganache on top.